Sony Pictures has announced the in-home release dates for Spider-Man: Far From Home. The film arrives digitally in just two weeks (September 17), followed by the 4K UHD Blu-ray release on October 1.
The home release will include over an hour’s worth of special features including expected items like a gag reel and behind-the-scenes featurette. E.D.I.T.H. will also help you spot hidden Easter eggs.
The physical copy of Spider-Man: Far From may be even more of a collector’s item than usual considering this could be the last home release for a Spider-Man movie set in the MCU (though we hope not).
Perhaps my own feelings about the Spider-Man split are a little too raw, but it almost seems like Sony is sending a message its choice of a pull quote for the Blu-ray cover (from Peter Travers of Rolling Stone).
“No Endgame for Spidey – He’s flying higher than ever!”
For the full list of special features on the home release of Spider-Man: Far From Home, see below.
BONUS MATERIALS INCLUDE:
- New Original Short, Peter’s To-Do List: Peter has a few errands to run before he can leave on his class trip.
- Teacher’s Travel Tips: Mr. Harrington & Mr. Dell present a few tips on how to traverse the European continent.
- Stepping Up: Explore how Spider-Man was introduced in the MCU, the ways Tom Holland transformed the character of Peter Parker, and what the future holds for Spider-Man.
- Suit Up: The suit doesn’t make the hero – but it does play a big role in who they are and who they can become. This piece examines all of Peter’s different suits in the movie, and with behind the scenes footage, we see why some suits are better than others.
- Far, Far, Far From Home: The film’s illustrious locations serve story points and establish tone, but they’re also amazing to travel to! Hear from the cast on their experiences filming on-location.
- It Takes Two: A special look at the chemistry between Jon Watts and Tom Holland.
- Fury & Hill: MCU stalwarts Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson are back as Agent Maria Hill & Nick Fury!
- The Ginter-Riva Effect: A look at the villain sub-plot and how William Ginter-Riva ties Spider-Man: Far From Home all the way back to the beginning of the MCU.
- Thank You, Mrs. Parker: A look at Marisa Tomei’s reimagining of Aunt May, from Homecoming to Far From Home.
- The Brother’s Trust: A quick look into some of the amazing work Tom Holland and his brothers have done through their charity, The Brothers Trust.
- The Jump-Off: Interviews with the cast & crew take us through all of the amazing stunts of Far From Home.
- Now You See Me: We examine the evolution of Mysterio and why Jake Gyllenhaal was the perfect fit for the role.
- Stealthy Easter Eggs: Allow E.D.I.T.H. to reveal some of the hidden Easter Eggs you may have missed!
- Select Scene Pre-Vis: A side-by-side comparison of the Pre-Vis with the film
- Gag Reel & Outtakes
- Never-Before-Seen Alternate & Extended Scenes