The biggest holidays of the year may be gone, but there are only 39 shopping days left until Valentine’s Day. Fortunately, you won’t need the Eye of Agamotto to find the perfect gift for that special someone. If you are your own special someone, then be prepared to Treat Yo Self when Marvel’s Doctor Strange arrives on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on February 14.
If you’re looking for something to fill up additional shelf space, Marvel Studios has you covered. The 2D and 3D Blu-ray (and DVD) of Doctor Strange will follow on February 28. Best Buy has a nifty SteelBook exclusive that sports artwork inspired by The Book of Cagliostro and the Eye of Agamotto from the film. Target doesn’t have the fanciest packaging, but will have an exclusive featurette—“Defying Reality: The Art and Visual Effects of Doctor Strange.”
If exclusives aren’t your thing, but Prime shipping is, then you can also snag your copy of Doctor Strange from Amazon.
The Doctor Strange home release will include over 80 minutes of special features and commentary from director Scott Derrickson. Some of those 80 minutes will be dedicated to Team Thor: Part 2, following up on the domestic adventures of Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and Darryl (Daley Pearson).
Here is a full list of the special features for Doctor Strange.
- A Strange Transformation – Open your eye to a new dimension of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and see how the filmmakers brought one of comic books’ greatest characters to life.
- Strange Company – Find out what it’s like for the cast to work on a Marvel film, and how Director Scott Derrickson engineered one of the most ambitious, imaginative films ever.
- The Fabric of Reality – Take a closer look at the movie’s extraordinary sets, meticulously crafted costumes and amazingly detailed production elements.
- Across Time and Space – Explore the countless hours of dance and fight choreography the actors endured in preparation for their physically demanding roles.
- The Score-cerer Supreme – Join Composer Michael Giacchino and a full orchestra during live recording sessions, and experience the movie’s mind-bending music.
- Marvel Studios Phase 3 Exclusive Look – Get an early peek at Marvel’s spectacular upcoming films, including Marvel Studios’ “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” “Thor: Ragnarok,” “Black Panther” and “Avengers: Infinity War.”
- Team Thor: Part 2 – See more of the hilarious partnership between Thor and his roommate Darryl in this satirical short.
- Deleted Scenes
- Strange Meets Daniel Drumm
- Kaecilius Searches for Answers
- The Kamar-Taj Courtyard
- Making Contact
- Lost in Kathmandu
- Gag Reel
- Audio Commentary by Director Scott Derrickson
Doctor Strange has been a massive success for Marvel Studios, bringing in $658.5 million worldwide thus far. Its success has been well earned with both critics (90% on Rotten Tomatoes) and general audiences (A CinemaScore) enjoying the film.